[Glastonbury] [Fwd: Tomorrow's advertised meeting]

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 17:23:43 GMT 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

> ...it needs more organisation.
>
> Some members of the group may have realised this for a while: everyone
> is now going to have to pitch in to help support the group.  You were
> the key to T1, which was ideal: is/was there anything to stop the
> formation of a _group_ of responsible people who could continue to meet
> there and use the facilities taking "corporate" responsibility?

Absolutely.
See my last mail on this topic of almost a year ago (Jan. 11th 2005) --

      http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/glastonbury/

particularly the section beginning:

      "Firstly, I agree with something Peter Fry said, along the lines of
having slightly more structure to the meetings" ...

and carrying on down to:

      ... "What do other members think about setting up a liaison committee
to liaise with the school authorities on points like this, so it isn't
always Steve's job?"

> The mailing list costs us very little and is, potentially, the heart
> of the group. Thanks for organising the room for tonight

Seconded.

> - now the
> onus is on those of you who can get there to actually _do_ something
> to sort out something for the future.

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing as many people as can make it.
(And could even have a really good piece of news for the group -- probably
not until tomorrow, though.  Too short notice.)

See you all there.