[Glastonbury] OO-2-Beta

peter.t.cole at lineone.net peter.t.cole at lineone.net
Fri Mar 18 11:46:17 GMT 2005

Greg,

fist off  you have to use alien to change the rpm's to deb files.

it

alien ( then the file name )

You then have to install these , you ca use kpackage or command line ( i
have not been abel to get synaptic to look on my hard drive to install form
there.

You will get 2 errors on 2 of the packages as there are confilcts with packages
that have already been installed by the beat of open office.

To get passed this use the command laine as root

dpkg -f ( file name )  (( there may be another switch to force all)) this
will then force install the deb files .

Next up down load the new java runtime enviroment 1.5 ?

all previous versions will kick up an error with open office 2 ( with windows
it's fine )

Once this is done you can use it.

You will need to setup shortcuts to the program and add to the menu manually
.

Reagrds

Peter