[Glastonbury] Kunbuntu

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at startext.co.uk
Tue May 3 15:12:42 BST 2005

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Tony Sumner wrote:

> The only thing wrong is that on shutdown it disables the power switch,
> ie I can't use it to turn the machine off and I have to turn it off
> with the little red switch at the back. Weird. How does one program
> the power switch?

Have you looked in your bios settings to see whether you can override any
software-controlled Automatic Power Management settings there?

> Another group I belong to recommends installing Ubuntu and then doing
> apt-get install kde-desktop  Anyone any views on that?

It's what I do when training sysadmins -- with a basic Ubuntu image
loaded, I then get all the trainees to go apt-get various other window
managers.

Never run into any problems yet.