[Glastonbury] here we stand... on a rocky shore...

Tony Sumner tony at whittycat.me.uk
Mon Nov 14 12:53:15 GMT 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, Andrew M.A. Cater was like:

> Please reconsider the RH :) 8.0 is really too old - the Fedora Legacy
> project skipped support for 8.0 so you won't even get any security
> patches.

Yes I know. It just keeps going while I mess about with debian on the
other PC. Thing is, this PC relies on wireless. I have installed
Debian sarge on the second hd from the 14-disc version and I had
started to configure the wireless driver when I got into an argument
with plusnet and lost a month getting fixed up with another ISP. I aim
to get Debian running rsn and then ditch Red Hat (with regret; I've
got quite fond of it).

Thanks for the help on sound -- I'll come back to that.

Tony