[Glastonbury] meeting, January 24th 2006

Andrew Walrond andrew at walrond.org
Tue Jan 24 14:11:04 GMT 2006

On Monday 23 January 2006 18:27, Martin Wheeler wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Andrew Walrond wrote:
> > BA6 9NP
> >
> > http://www.glastonbury.gov.uk/g_gov/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=43&page_id=
> >14
>
> I then corrected this to " BA6 9BY " [on information given to me by the
> centre itself].
>
> I then used my natural gumption and went off and did a spot of intelligent
> sleuthing.
>
> Upshot?
>
> Well, you'd be better off using " BA6 9EX " if you want to get anywhere
> near the place, as I know it from having actually *been* there,.

Well, I have to say that the original BA6 9NP seems to hit the nail on the
head when typed into www.streetmap.co.uk. BA6 9BY is miles off, and BA6 9EX
is back up towards the high street.

Also, BA6 9NP is correct as far as the Royal Mail is concerned (I checked with
their address finder webpage).

Based on that, I'd type BA6 9NP into a navigator, since I bet they use the
essentially the same database as streetmap.co.uk.

Martin; I think BA6 9BY and BA6 9EX are both wrong; you should change it back
to BA6 9NP on the web page asap!

Andrew Walrond