[Glastonbury] Volunteers + Hardware

steve steve at fractalsoup.org
Thu Jan 26 11:48:50 GMT 2006

> Also, we still need people to help out as keyholders -- currently
> there's only myself, with Sean and Kelvin agreeing to help out if I'm
> not available to open up / close the Centre down for any reason; but
> it would be far more suitable if there were three of us, resident in
> Glastonbury, who could share this responsibility.
> Any further takers?  (Steve?  TimH?)

Hi folks,
I am happy to be a third person resident in Galstonbury who could help
out in this capacity if needed, advanced notice obviously preferred.

> And any other volunteers for the other stuff I mentioned -- anyone
> like to take on events organisation, for example?
>
> In the meantime, our next meeting is on Tuesday, February 14th,

I will be able to make the next meeting so we can discuss any further
"organisational" requirements there may be.
I am looking foward to seeing you all again and finding out more about
the LPI course.
Many many thanks for getting this all set up and just getting on with it
folks.
While I am on, the transfiguration of the group has come at the right
time regarding the use of St. Dunstan's facilities as from September
2006 there will be no Linux boxes in use around the school for
curriculum or admin use other than as LIVECD demonstration bootups for
ICT classes. However there will be a continued and prevalent use of Open
Source software.
I will be moving into the Performing Arts Department and focussing on
Music Technology and Media Outreach work with the Primaries as well as
introducing the  "My first INGOT" certification in the summer term.
I am also currently looking at using the "studio to go" distro
http://www.ferventsoftware.com/ for developing a KS4 music technology
course much like the INGOT is based around Open Office and Open Source
applications. Currently there is no GCSE in Music Technology.

If  Richard and Tim are still subscribed to the list ~ we need to talk
again ~

Anyway,
See you on the 14th ~
Hey isn't that date significant?