[members at lugog] "moderation" on mailing list causes rejection??

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Dec 18 13:49:43 UTC 2009

Sean Miller wrote:
> Further to my e-mail earlier (which did get through) I discovered the
> issue was that I was set to "Moderated" on the Mailman admin panel (at
> lugog.org.uk) - I can't quite work out why it did that.  Surely if
> somebody is "moderated" the whole idea is that they can post and the
> post will be approved by the list owner, not that their posts are
> automatically rejected????

That's certainly the description on the admin panel:

# mod -- The user's personal moderation flag. If this is set, postings
  from them will be moderated, otherwise they will be approved.

Check on "Privacy options: Sender Filters" that
"Action to take when a moderated member posts to the list.
(member_moderation_action)"
is set to "Hold" and not "Reject" or "Discard".

If anyone wants email training, software.coop is available for hire! ;-)

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software