[members at lugog] Dualboot partition

Alan Levett alan at hidown.plus.com
Wed Feb 10 15:43:13 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 12:00 pm, Douglas Phillips wrote:

> Gparted says I can only have 4 partitions (which are
> already there and undeletable) so there is no free space just lots of
> this unallocatable stuff!

True. This is an "overhang" (I believe) from the days before M$ programers
realised that you can use the thumbs and fingers of both hands to count!
But my hda has 10 partitions to accomodate both Mepis and Debian, all set up
with GParted and reference to books on Linux.
Hda1 - 3 are Mepis,  hda4 (the last Partition of 60 Gigs) is Extended, and
subdivides into hda5 - 10. This is for Debian.
So it can be done.

Regards      Alan.