[members at lugog] exporting thunderbird mail folders

Phil Wood phil at pwood.net
Tue Feb 23 17:34:35 UTC 2010

Hi Douglas

I've done this a few times.
In your home directory there should be a hidden directory  called
.mozilla-thunderbird.
Inside that is a directory with an odd name that seems to be generated
at random when thunderbird is installed.
Install Thunderbird on the new machine then shut it down. It will have
created its own directory with a different odd name.
I just replace everything in the new directory with all the stuff from
the directory on the old machine.
Restart Thunderbird and it's just like you were back on the old machine.

I'm not sure where the idea came from but I've used it a number of times
and it's always worked ok.

Good luck

    Phil