[members at lugog] exporting thunderbird mail folders

Douglas Phillips douglas at douglasthepotter.f2s.com
Tue Feb 23 17:08:12 UTC 2010

I'v my new computer up and running. Linuxmint, plain and simple, no dual
boot. Despite being a cheap box, it is wonderfully faster than the 6
year old machine I was ( nearly) using.

I have moved folders etc over from the old machine using ssh or Giver
but am now stuck. I cannot work out how to export mail folders from
Thunderbird on old machine to thunderbird on new machine. Thunderbird
has an export facility for the address book (so have done that) but not
for mail.  The mail is held ( so i read) in a 'profile folder' but I
cannot find it.

This is no doubt basic stuff to all you out there but I am flumoxed and
only go round in googeled circles. Can any one do me a 1,2,3, solution
please?

Best wishes to all,
Douglas