[members at lugog] RS485 device

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Mar 5 10:14:38 UTC 2010

mike waterworth <mike at paperclipmonkeys.co.uk>
> i know it's a long shot but does anyone on this list have any knowledge with
> RS232 / RS485 devices and old' school knowledge on how to communicate with
> them?
> I have the most awesome device, but I'm stuck not being able to talk to it
> at all.

I have some RS232 devices hiding inside usb-serial packages.
One of them is among the strange input devices I'll bring to the
next meeting.  To start getting them working, minicom is a good tool.
For simple programs that use them, perl's Device::SerialPort helps.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software