[members at lugog] Introduction:

jason trunks kinasis.drummer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 12:50:48 UTC 2010

Hey all,
I've just joined up and thought I'd better introduce myself.

My name's Jason, I'm based in Bridgwater and I'm a C/C++ programmer by trade
(currently working in Street).  I've been using *nix on all of my personal
PC's for the last 4 or 5 years and I've recently found myself wanting to get
more actively involved in the open-source community and meeting other *nix
users. Hence signing-up here!

I've probably tried all of the major distros over the years and quite a few
of the lesser known ones along the way too!

I currently use Ubuntu on most of my machines, with Gnome as my current
desktop of choice. I know Ubuntu is generally seen as a bit of a newbie
distro, but I quite like it! However, like most *nix enthusiasts, I
constantly find myself trying new releases of other distros. So at some
point, I'll almost inevitably find myself switching to something else!

I have experience with rather a wide range of *nix software and various
programming languages besides C/C++, so I'm willing to help out wherever I
can with any problems related to installing and using *nix software or any
programming problems people might have.

As long as my hectic schedule permits it, I'd also be interested in
attending meetings if there are any planned!
Cheers for now,
Jas.