[members at lugog] Introduction:

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Nov 25 22:19:20 UTC 2010

On 25 November 2010 22:15, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:
> I am not sure if the "end goal" is to compete with Windows...
>
> ...is it?
>
> I think of it like a town with 5 pubs and a Wetherspoons... should the
> punters at the pubs decide it is better to go with Wetherspoons, with
> the cheap beer prices, or should they stick with their "local"?
>
> I suspect most would stick with their local.

And the fact is that the people who fight to keep the pool league in
their pub, or skittles, or to have the bi-weekly Quiz Night, or the
Meat Auction... which Wetherpoons don't do... should we say "it's
impossible! we have to go with Wetherspoons, because that is what
everybody wants"??

I say no, personally... because metaphorically it is EXACTLY the
same... and I doubt we actually want to "compete with windows" any
more than the pool players in the King William want to "compete" with
Wetherspoons.