[members at lugog] Introduction:

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Nov 26 10:15:20 UTC 2010

Sean Miller wrote:
> And the fact is that the people who fight to keep the pool league in
> their pub, or skittles, or to have the bi-weekly Quiz Night, or the
> Meat Auction... which Wetherpoons don't do... should we say "it's
> impossible! we have to go with Wetherspoons, because that is what
> everybody wants"??

And that makes this almost on-topic:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-england-somerset-11823236
A dispute between Mendip District Council and Rik Cook hits the news.

As you probably remember, lugog met at Tor Leisure a few times.  It
didn't seem bad and good on Rik getting planning permission, but I
wonder why the council hasn't consented to the works.  Motive?

Confused,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/