[members at lugog] Introduction:

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Thu Nov 25 22:35:04 UTC 2010

On 25 November 2010 22:24, Graham Lucas <graham.lucas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would amend Sean's analogy as a Weatherspoons and 5 breweries. Most people
> who want a drink would go to Weatherspoons, whereas the ones who are
> interested in how it's put together would go to the breweries.

No, I will stick with the analogy of the pub... because it is the
"overall experience".

A Linux Distro is an association of many software programs, a desktop
UI (ie. Gnome/KDE etc.) and a whole "user experience"... very much
like a pub, with its range of beers, its choice to have a jukebox (or
not), a pool table (or not), a skittle alley (or not), food (or not)
etc.

Going to a brewery would just be the same as always downloading single
software tarballs from a sole supplier... not really the same at all.