[members at lugog] Screen resolution

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Nov 26 09:10:22 UTC 2010

I have a laptop (an old Compaq) on which the display is 800x600.

Doesn't seem capable of anything greater, presumably because of the
type of screen (?)

Anybody know if there are any cunning ways to make Linux "emulate"
1024x768 or similar, perhaps by some form of clever display driver?

It is a very usable laptop made completely useless by the fact that I
can't actually use half the web anymore... the days that all major
sites were optimised for 800x600 are long gone, I'm afraid!!

Ideas, anybody?