[members at lugog] Companies admin on Linux (was Introduction:)

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Nov 26 10:22:57 UTC 2010

john lewis wrote:
> I came up with this last week when I tried to submit an on-line annual
> balance sheet to Companies House and found their Adobe template didn't
> work with Linux and had to fire up windows XP on the laptop in order to
> submit it. However I have been told that next year I will be able to
> use Linux as Companies House are updating things to make that possible.

Ooh, heck, I'm about to do this shuffle myself.  Is that WebFiling?
What exactly "didn't work"?

This year is the first time the co-op has been allowed to use
WebFiling, due to Companies House glacial update speed... Our legal
form was created in 2000 and finally in 2010 we have access to online
services!  Our MP raised this in Parliament a year or two ago!

Oh and does anyone know any free software for filing company tax
returns yet?  HMRC only list payware as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/