[members at lugog] Minimum Requirements

Alan Levett alan at hidown.plus.com
Sat Oct 9 10:59:24 UTC 2010

Can anyone advise me on the minimum requirements of the sysyem (includes
B/band width) to view YouTube successfully?
I have an 800mc/s Athlon processor with 1.5Gb ram, running Mepis 8.5 (latest).
The MAX speed available on my connection (according to BT) is 2Mb/s -
considerably slower than when first connected (Plus.com).
YouTube resolves as audio, sometimes interupted, with the video as a series of
stills at irregular intervals - increasingly out of sync, and never as an
integrated performance as per a DVD.
Is it the connection, or my Hardware?

Thanks       Alan