[members at lugog] Iceweasel vs Firefox

Alan Levett alan at hidown.plus.com
Tue Mar 1 14:11:18 UTC 2011

My update of Debian Etch to Lenny has been successful, and I have been
building the system.
Recently, Youtube references will not play because the latest Shockwave Flash
is not present.  Offer of download in *rpm was accepted, 'alien'ed
and 'dpkg -i'ed, but still it warrents a 'not exist' refusal.
A similar situation arises with a Film site which refuses because the browser
is not M$ or Firefox, but Linux Help Forums seem to be unanimous that
Iceweasel IS Firefox.
Any ideas to reslove this would be welcome.

Thanks

Alan