[members at lugog] Hi

Clouds cloudsurfer at roy2639.orangehome.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 18:21:09 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Have to admit, as a newbie - hangs head - that I've temporarily gone back to the madmen of Richmond. I tried to get a distro that suited me but either Ubuntu or CentOS or whatever baulked at my hardware or I just couldn't get stuff to install. Linux needs to be made more user-friendly for those of us long in the tooth and none too keen on struggling with repositories. Ubuntu was allegedly the answer, hmm.. i didn't find it so and I'm building my sixth machine (don't haved them all of course) so I know what the inside of the box looks like :-)  It's always the bloody software that's the problem.

I shall return, as the idiot said.