[members at lugog] I'm back

Martin Wheeler mwheeler at martinwheeler.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 23:41:22 UTC 2016

> We're all still here... just have to plan a way to re-ignite the spark!

Yeah -- thanks for waking us up, Dan.

> Personally, I now only use Linux on servers . . . . .
> What do others think?

Well, in my own case, operating is now split between Linux on the web
servers I maintain; Linux on the laptops I use for amateur radio purposes
(decoding of digital signals, and satellite tracking); Android on tablet
for ditto; Winshit only when having to deal with punters who don't know
any better.

I haven't done any Linux training in years; ditto programming; and I'm
currently binning all my Linux literature and documentation acquired since
1993 -- boxloads of it, every week.  Manuals that used to cost £35 apiece.
(Also loads of Linux hardware from the last 20 years, if anyone's
interested.  I'm having to take CRT monitors in perfect working condition
down to the tip one by one, as the folks down there won't let me get rid
of them all in one go.  Likewise computers, hard-drives, keyboards,
meeces, disks and CDs by the hundreds, etc.  It's a shocking waste; but
these days, no-one seems to want to play with surplus equipment as they
did in the days of my youth.)
--
Martin Wheeler
mwheeler at martinwheeler.co.uk