[Gllug] perl / debian help :-)

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Wed Aug 22 10:17:21 UTC 2001

Having installed ximian on a debian potato box, perl now complains as
below. I found some messages on google about /usr/share/locale/ but I
can't figure out what to do. the @INC thing also baffles me. TeX also
seems to be broken, complaing of lots of things.

If I apt-get --reinstall install povray then povray binaries install but
the .inc libs etc don't get installed. This is even though dpkg -S
colors.inc says povray package is the maintainer!? Its really weird, I
figure I must have broken something major that is affecting the setup of
lots of packages. Maybe apt-get uses perl to install stuff and perl being
broken means other stuff is broken? !ny help much appreciated!

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
	LANGUAGE = (unset),
	LC_ALL = (unset),
	LANG = "english"
Can't locate Gimp.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.005
/usr/local/lib/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/local/lib/site_perl
/usr/lib/perl5 .) at /usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins/yinyang line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib/gimp/1.2/plug-ins/yinyang
line 15.
LibGimp-WARNING **: gimp: wire_read: unexpected EOF

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve stevecoast at hushmail.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk