[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

Gabriel Rocha grocha at neutraldomain.org
Tue Aug 14 21:17:27 UTC 2001

,----[ On Tue, Aug 14, at 09:58PM, sean at uncertainty.org.uk wrote: ]--------------
| the market seems a lot tougher than it was just a few months ago
| - but I haven't been looking to move so I don't really know...

Why is that? General economic slow-down?

| plenty of websites with job offers last time I looked.

Any recommendations on good IT-related(linux/bsd preferable) websites
out there? Looking in London specifically.

| what is worth bearing in mind is that London housing costs are really
| high so I'd advise checking out general cost of living.

I have a friend in London who would cover my housing for awhile and
coming from the Bay Area(Silicon Valley/San Francisco) my idea of cost
of living is overinflated already.

Thanks.
--Gabe

PS- Any more comments?