[Gllug] 1 pixel in size?

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Fri Aug 17 07:37:28 UTC 2001

> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1493000/1493152.stm
>>
>> which is complete rubbish (isn't it?)
>>
>> Gordo
>>
>Well its a bit hysterical, but not rubbish (although I didn't read it
>too
>carefully, did I miss something?) the register's take on it was much
>more
>calm  http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/55/21038.html
>
>Huw

The BBC report...

                  Web bugs are hidden graphics embedded in web pages
                  primed to collect information about visitors to the site.

                  Often only a pixel in size,
                  they can gather information
                  such as the user's IP
                  address or the type of
                  browser used to retrieve the
                  bug.

In other words, a 1 pixel gif, linked to some Javascript.

Gordo

--
Gordon Joly//////////
gordon.joly at pobox.com