[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

John Clement jec at cubiculum.org
Thu Aug 16 11:31:31 UTC 2001

> You don't? :) That's why they have the classifications, doesn't mean just
> because you get a classification you get a job so if you do get
> less that a
> 2.2 you will find it harder to find a job, obviously depending on your
> skills.

Personally, I didn't finish my degree and was lucky enough to get a Solaris
sys ad. role regardless.  Now when looking for jobs I generally ignore the
"graduate required" ones and don't seem to have much trouble.  Maybe in a
couple of years I'll hit a ceiling because of my lack of formal
qualification but for the time being it doesn't seem to be causing too much
of a problem.

Sure some agencies/employers have seen my CV, notived the lack of degree and
filed it in the 'trash' but there are still jobs out there

JC

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk