[Gllug] Editors

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 16:13:06 UTC 2001

 --- Tom Gilbert <tom at linuxbrit.co.uk> wrote: > * Kieran Barry
(kieran at esperi.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Tom Gilbert wrote:
>
> > That's fundamental. Both are rational views. I just wish I could
> change
> > your mind.
>
> Indeed, neither of us will change the other's view. I never set out
> however, this thread simply started with me saying:
>
> o) why do you need a stenographic filing system to store your diary?
> o) And why would you only give the 'lower level' of it up when asked
>    via RIP
> o) oh and why do you EXPECT to be asked by RIP?
>
> and I was then encouraged to support my viewpoint :)

Actually to be totally pedantic you didn't you asked me, not Keiran.

And simply I will justifie it for the last time

1) Because StegFS adds plausable denyability to any request for
encrypted data by the police under the RIP.

2) Because they only ask for it and cos that is the only one they will
need, it come down to plausible deniability.

3) Shit obeys the law of gravity and being very low in the food chain,
it tends to land on me. Also I do not trust the competence of the
police.

Incedentaly I got stopped by the police last night, only for not having
my lights on on my bike.

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk