[Gllug] Mailbox rule

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Fri Aug 31 00:25:43 UTC 2001

[Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 01:05:29AM +0100] Jon Masters whispered thus:
 > > By the sound of things, you talked to James. He's good.
 > > I used to work with him, once upon a blue moon.
 > Indeed I did (James Samuel). I'm told he once worked for SuSE or
 > something - anyway this chap single handedly convinced me to go with
 > mailbox for ADSL simply by *knowing* what he's doing.

Mmmm, SuSE were his employers before he joined the company I was working for
at the time.

 > It's a warm fuzzy feeling to know that there are clueful people at ISP
 > company X and you're thinking of service from them. I'll post a followup
 > later when I have got their USB service to let others know what it is
 > like - and I also plan to post to the adslguide site also.

Mmmm, Mailbox provide things that other ISPs should do. I'm tired of seeing
watered down packages from people masquerading as ISPs. I'm tired of paying
for a service and finding transparent proxying, poorly configured routers
exhibiting reserved IP allocations inside the ISP's network, yoyo mail
and dns servers, etc. If I wasn't with Demon now, I'd most likely be with
Mailbox. I'm happy with Demon, as it happens ;)

--
<pgp> 0x8bb5c71e  "This Basil. This Basil's hand. This smack on the head."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk