[Gllug] Please Can We Stop! (was "while we're flaming anyway...")

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 22:13:50 UTC 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, William Palfreman spake:
> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Paul Brazier wrote:
>
>> > Now ... can we please leave this f**kin' subject alone?
>>
>> I think you'll find the correct Linux way to obscure the swear word is
>> "fscking".
>> >From the command "fsck" or "file system check".
>
> Although "fuck -a /dev/sda6" might be a bit more honest given the
> circumstaces when you are likely to use it on the comand line
>  :-)

DMR: So fsck was originally called something else.
Q:   What was it called?
DMR: Well, the second letter was different.
        -- Dennis M. Ritchie, Usenix, June 18, 1998.

--
`The situation is completely under control. All of them were killed.'
     --- Alim Razim, for the Northern Alliance, demonstrating fine

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk