[Gllug] Fancy a challenge for the Installfest?

DCLUSELLS DCLUSELLS at teleline.es
Tue Dec 11 19:29:22 UTC 2001

Hi everybody,

Although is my first message I've been around for more than half year,
though at first I couldn't understand 90%. 70 out of these 90 because
my poor English understanding and the other 20 because I'm a little bit
out of practice trying to improve the other 70.

Well, let's go. Going back home from the market I found a computer a
sall had left behind. From my experience in markets (big experience
here in London). I imagine they leave everything they can't sell in
several weeks, as they always have more.

For several circumstances I had it in a corner until I could open it
and I saw amazed a Risc computer. When I could look it up in Internet I
saw all the stuff about Acorn.

Unfortunatelly I don't have a keyboard for it. I tried one with Windows
keys but it didn't work properly (and now I know that it works). And by
then I had no mouse so I don't know whether it works. The computer
itself works perfectly.

In normal circumstances I'd be the first in enjoying playing with it
but I don't have time nor resources. In the last LinuxExpo in Olympia
the guy in the ARM stall told me that Linux couldn't be put on the
ACORN A4000 but now looking at the internet I've seen it possible. Any
chance?

If nobody accept the challenge but anyone wants it just let me know. It
is interesting having a Risc computer at home but useless.

Daniel Clusells
dclusells at terra.es

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk