[Gllug] (OT) Basic Networking Query

Andy Loates andy at the-bizz.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 23:53:03 UTC 2001

From: "Mike Brodbelt" Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 12:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Gllug] (OT) Basic Networking Query

> As far as cost difference goes, Videk (www.videk.co.uk) sell 305m solid
> core Cat 5E for 36.50ukp. The really expensive stuff runs to 130ukp, but
> both these cables are rated to Cat5E specs. All of this stuff will
> support 100Mbps quite happily. If you want to be extravagant, but solid
> core for laying to outlets, and stranded for making up patch cables.
> Don't buy a cheap crimping tool - you'll regret it, and end up buying a
> better one later (I speak from experience :-)).
.
Thanks for the tip to Videk for the cabling and accessories. Stuff is
arriving tommorow.

For info for the list Dabs were 20% cheaper on the Netgear stuff than Videk,
but then again You cant buy most of the stuff Videk sell at Dabs or the
like.

And I know some one will tell me that they know somewhere cheaper than Dabs!

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk