[Gllug] Help meeee! :((

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Mon Dec 3 16:09:01 UTC 2001

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:55:14PM +0000, The Flying Hamster wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:00:25PM -0000, George wrote:
> > Can someone tell me, if there is a way i can send and check out
> > gllug mails without using my email address,- if you get what i
> > mean. Coz when i was signed up and i forget to check my mail for a
> > few days i got like 200 msgs or something. Any help welcome.
>
> 1. English is the language of the list not leet speak

Um, there aren't any examples of leet speak in that mail.  The only word
vaguely approaching non-standard English is 'Coz', which is certainly
not leet speak or at all inappropriate for an English list.

> 2. You need to have the emails sent somewhere and have a valid address
>    to post from (tried hotmail or yahoo?)

No, not necessarily.  I imagine many list members find it agreeable to
set up folders in their MUA and filter off gllug mail to one of them.

> 3. Yes this can be a high traffic list

4. How about structuring a list mail in /proper paragraphs/, rather than
numbering your points as if they were declarations of fact from on high?

- ~C, ranting.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
As to luck, there's the old miners' proverb: Gold is where you find it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk