[Gllug] thumbnail creation

Allen Wayne Wayne.Allen at rhul.ac.uk
Wed Dec 26 11:30:33 UTC 2001

Hi All,

having discovered the pleasures of php and mysql, I am in the process of
writing a database for storing image details. I am not storing the images
directly in the database, but the preview images at the moment at just the
image width-ed to a small value. I am looking for a way to generate a
thumbnail from an image on the fly, from php. anyone with any ideas,
pointers etc???? possibly command line scripts for gimp????

Many thanks and a Happy New Year to You all!!

Wayne

P.S. Yes I came into work on Boxing day to send this.... sad or what?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk