[Gllug] sendmail binding to 127.0.0.1

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Jul 10 16:35:47 UTC 2001

On 10 Jul 2001 15:17:15 +0200, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> I have just installed sendmail on an internal mail relay (Red Hat 7.1)
>
> After install I could no relay mail though it.
>
> I port scanned the box and it was not offering a service on port 25.

Weird.

Just looked at this machine (RH7.0 upgraded to 7.1, sendmail installed
as an afterthought) and it's the same. I'll solve it on this box and let
you know.

// looks...

Okay, it's not as bad as I thought.

Line 259 of /etc/sendmail.cf, reading:

O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA

Change the Addr value from 127.0.0.1 to 0.0.0.0 - INADDR_ANY in sockets
terms, and it'll listen on all ports.

Looking up how to make it listen on two specific addresses I'd have to
actually look up.

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk