[Gllug] ftp filesystem in the Linux kernel

home at alexhudson.com home at alexhudson.com
Tue Jul 17 09:54:22 UTC 2001

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 10:28:34PM +0100, Nix wrote:
> Whatever happened to the granddaddy of this, Alex?

Retired due to infirmity, I imagine.

> Vince Cate's page still mentions Alex, but his link to it is dead, and
> if Alex's creator can't maintain a live link to it, are there any alexes
> left alive?

ACM SIGOPS are investigating ftpfs', or at least were, and the Alex cacheing
seems to be cited in a few recent papers, but I suspect that the crapness of
the overall system meant there was little point continuing it :))

Besides, we have Andrew, Coda, etc..

Cheers,

Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk