[Gllug] Dumb Apache question [OT]

john.hearns at framestore.co.uk john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Mon Jul 9 16:50:55 UTC 2001

Dave Cridland wrote:

> Now, if you can search through all your users, Marketing, Engineering,
> and Sales, say, and make LDAP auth present the Org Unit as the Group,
> then you could do:
>
> Require group Engineering Marketing
>
> Instead of 'require valid-user'.
>
> Taking a quick, cursory look over the auth_ldap docs, it looks like
> there's a way of doing this by something similar to:
>
> require group ou=Engineering,o=AcmeCorp,c=GB
> require group ou=Marketing,o=AcmeCorp,c=GB

Dave,
you are correct and I will try this out. Thanks for the help.

However, we've found mod_ldap to be a little bit uncooperative in the
past,
and have only had success from it by using 'require valid_user'
I had hoped to be a bit lazy(*) and avoid some heavy-duty LDAP debugging
by just using two DirectoryMatches.

(*) two best virtues of a programmer and all that

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk