[Gllug] Screen capture [again ;)]

ChrisJS at aol.com ChrisJS at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 00:09:52 UTC 2001

Hi,
First off, thanks for the suggestions which were made; I've looked into them
and realised I explained my question badly in my previous email. What I
should have said was that I need to capture the program's output in realtime,
preferably instead of it actually being displayed on screen. (ie. intercept
and redirect it between the program and the video display)

I'm not sure if what I want to do is feasible as a window manager... From
what I've read, it doesn't seem as if the window managers get much control
over the actual display of programs, just their position, framing and
resizing. However I  really don't know much about the subject and any
explanations/suggestions would be helpful... I apologise for the
newbieish/ill-informed nature of my questions, that's what you get for being
a 16yr old A-level student ;)
Cheers,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk