[Gllug] Demon dial-up problems

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Wed Jul 25 08:44:09 UTC 2001

* Paul Brazier (pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk) wrote:
> Has anyone been able to use gnome-ppp with Demon's dial-up?
>
> I can dial up and connect to uklinux no problem, but with Demon it dials
> up and enters the username (and password I think, although gnome-ppp
> doesn't show it) but it never brings up ppp0 (I check using ifconfig or
> netstat -i) and I get a "ppp daemon died unexpectedly" a few seconds
> later.
> The script is a simple recieve "ogin:", send username, receive
> "assword:", send password, which works OK with uklinux.

You won't connect to demon that way - you need to use pap or chap. If
you set up /etc/pap-secrets (or chap-secrets) then stuff should work -
if you want to use the gnome thing then you'll probably have to tell it
not to try and run a script..

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |