[Gllug] KDE or Gnome

Richard Clamp richardc at unixbeard.net
Wed Jul 11 10:48:40 UTC 2001

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:21:11AM +0000, Jim Bailey wrote:
> I know how you feel but it has the coolest xterms, you can open up
> additional windows inside the initial window excellent for displaying
> multiple man or info pages

Um, do you mean like just running screen(1) on any terminal emulator,
or do you really need some graphical tabs on it?

>                            Has anyone tried Windowmaker It has a really
> nice feel to its use and I really like the way you can lock or dock
> parts of the apps. menu on the desk top very useful for some tasks. Does
> anyone know if it is possible to port KDE 2's xterm to Windowmaker?

It's an X app, there's no need to port it, just run it.  My current
combo of X-apps is Windowmaker, a big transparent Eterm and Konqueror
for random web and graphics viewing.  Most everything else I do can be
run from a terminal so I can do it remotely without any major hassle.

--
Richard Clamp <richardc at unixbeard.net>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk