[Gllug] Editors

David Freeman freemadi at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 11:54:27 UTC 2001

 --- Tom Gilbert <tom at linuxbrit.co.uk> wrote: > * Mike Brodbelt
(mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk) wrote:
<snpi>
> > dictatorship where the ruling caste has an ideology that matches
> your
> > own, and enjoy....
>
> Your argument can also be taken to an extreme. After all, a totally
> free
> society is one where you are truly free to do what you want. E.g.
> blow
> someone's head off because their loud hawiian shirt offends you, or
> steal someone's car because it looks nice or rape someone because
> they
> look nice. I would not want to live in such a society and I strongly
> believe that giving away some _small_ amount of personal freedom is
> justified when the benefit is safety, security and peace of mind.

It simple its called don't take the piss. If you wear a shirt which
really offends me I will tell you, you can tell me to piss off or
change it. I can then accept to be in the same room as you or not,
simple. As for the women and rape, you respect her and she respects
you, you ask, if she says no (which she will) then you respect it. It
all about not taking the piss and being conserate!

> But it's pointless arguing, you feel what you feel :)

No its not its fun.

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk