[Gllug] Code Tux

Bruce Richardson brichardson at lineone.net
Fri Jul 20 22:21:11 UTC 2001

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 06:23:14PM +0100, Rich Walker wrote:
> Right. Of course, you've published it. And, I see, you've put the
> URL of it in this post. And you've sent a reference copy to the relevant
> security teams of the relevant distros. [There probably should be a
> smiley in this paragraph, but there's too much "I know how to solve
> this problem and haven't" on  the net this month].
>
> *Then* in 6 months when none of the distributions have done these
> things, you can abuse them *properly*.

No, sorry, bollocks.  I spent a long time on the Red Hat user list, back
when it was worthwhile being on it, trying precisely that.  Submitting
fixes and solutions and getting precisely nowhere.  It isn't an excuse,
just an extended and meaningless sneer on your part.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin