[Gllug] Freebies

Kieran Barry kieran at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 30 11:36:49 UTC 2001

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Jim Halfpenny wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know where free, obsolete computers can be found? I have been
> trying to find a source of thrown-away computers to refurbish and pass on to
> whoever needs them. Is there a group that does this kind of thing? I think
> there are some people who refurbush machines and donate them to disabled
> people.

My last company used to throw away old PCs. The rules forbade them from
giving kit to a non-charity. If a suitable charity were to come forward,
I think that I could make an introduction.

The requirement would be that you'd take ALL the crap that they were
chucking, and sign something about being environmentally responsible.
You'd also have to arrange transport from the Thames Valey. The batches
I saw tended to be 5-10 desktops (486 vintage or early Pentiums).

Contact me off-list if you're interested.

Regards

Kieran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk