[Gllug] Re: motherboards with "real" serial consoles (was Re: [Gllug] Changing machine's IP address)

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 16:20:47 UTC 2001

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 15:12, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 02:11:57PM +0000, tet at accucard.com wrote:
>
> > Newer Intel server motherboard support serial consoles:
> >
> > 	http://developer.intel.com/design/servers/buildingblocks/boards.htm

I've just had it confirmed that at least some Supermicro server
motherboards  have this capacity.

If anyone is interested in using a multi-port serial card to
run consoles to lots of servers in a rack or server room,
Streamline Computing can supply Cyclades cards.

We run Cyclades here, and they run fine under Linux.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk