[Gllug] Natalie Imbruglia CD

Andre Newman andre at walkabout.compulink.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 23:36:52 UTC 2001

As I'm sure most people know the new Natalie Imbruglia CD is not actually a
CD! It's an anti-ripping, blowing up your expensive speakers (ok not really)
copy protected non-standard CD.

A friend in Cambridge is having great success getting these returned to the
distributor as faulty, I'd like to document his technique just in case others
would like to give it a go :-)

He buys CD, takes it home, discovers the evil deed :-0 It's not actually a CD!
CD (so called) won't play in any PC (or Mac) drive or his MP3 capable
personal CD player.

Takes CD back to shop, says "this CD is faulty it doesn't play, can I have a
replacement please" demonstrates with personal CD player in shop. Shop
provides replacement, friend tries CD, says "this one is faulty as well",
shop tried both CD's in their player, they play fine. Friend produces regular
CD and plays it in his player to show that his player is fine.

Shop agrees that something is amiss with CD and (important detail) marks the
CD's as "returned faulty" and refunds money.

Proceed to next shop in High Street and repeat. ;->

Hopefully if enough of these diabolical non-standard things get returned the
publishers will give up (well we can but hope).

Fun for all the family!

Cheers

Andre

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk