consume rehash (Re: [Gllug] Broad Band Access)

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Mon Nov 5 18:30:27 UTC 2001

On Monday 05 November 2001 6:16 pm, you wrote:
> From where I'm sitting - at home - the entire thing looks mostly
> illegal.

It's not illegal in the go to jail sense, but government radio agencies (TV
licencing, for example) have a nasty habit of slapping large fines on people
who broadcast/receive without the proper licencing, so it just seems to me
like a costly mistake to make if you do get nabbed.

Not that I think it should be illegal - I would love to participate in
something like consume (if they weren't hell-bent on running ipv6, anyway :)
esp. when people like Action are flogging wireless router + pcmcia card for
£230+VAT. It just makes sense for small amounts of data.

But, I've seen what the RA do to 'pirates' (in the Caroline sense of the
word :)  and it's not cheap.

Cheers,
					Alex.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk