[Gllug] Badtrans.b worm

Alex Hudson home at alexhudson.com
Wed Nov 28 20:18:39 UTC 2001

On Wed, 2001-11-28 at 18:42, Colin Coles wrote:
> Anyone else being bombarded with infected mails? I had 5 Monday 9 Yesterday,
> and over 30 so far today. Can't see how to filter it effectively either
> without the possibility of binning legitimate stuff. :(

We're getting absolutely tons of them :( Certainly well into double
figures, has been for the past three/four days, and today has been
really bad for us too.

A simple filter would be to look at the email address used by the sender
- I believe BadTrans puts a '_' in front of it for some reason??

The other thing is to use a virus scanning package. At work, I use
MessageLabs, which is exceptionally good and (given we run Outlook)
worth every penny.

Cheers,

Alex.