[Gllug] Basic Linux Test

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Fri Nov 9 15:46:12 UTC 2001

>Question 23: 'kill -HUP' does not guarantee a kill of a process stuck
>on I/O.

Neither does "kill -9" (their answer).

You missed out a few more, too:

Question 15: Many winmodems now work with Linux
Question 24: Entirely dependent on the contents of /etc/inittab

ObNitpicking for question 1:

Quite subtle, but in most cases, you don't need the (ro). Although a
CD-RW is a writable device, it's generally not mounted as a read write
filesystem. Yes, with a packet writing drive, you could theoretically
have a r/w ext2 filesystem on it (and in fact, I've done exactly that
with my DVD-RAM in the past), but in general you'll be wanting to share
a CD with an ISO9660 filesystem. In the future this might be more of an
issue as UDF (and the other writable CD filesystem whose name I forget)
become more prevalent.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk