[Gllug] thin desktops for X ... flwm http://blackbox.alug.org/

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Nov 20 03:32:12 UTC 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 02:00:20AM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> That might be true, but my experience with the Window Maker developers
> was that they were completely unwilling to accept anything that didn't
> fit their world view, so I'd take the attitude with a pinch of salt.
> Some time ago, there were a largish number of users of the Window Maker
> lists asking for proper pager support, and for the ability to mouse
> between workspaces. The response from the developers verged on the
> abusive, and a set of patches that provided some of the functionality
> was never integrated, for no reason better than "we don't like it, so
> you're not even having the option".

Also true.  I remember being shouted at for asking about single-click
and I see the latest version has dropped focus-follows-mouse - how long
before they drop sloppy focus?

On the pager front, bbpager works just fine if you compile Window Maker
to accept KDE hints.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin