[Gllug] Mapping gpg IDs to email addresses in pinegpg

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Wed Nov 7 03:28:58 UTC 2001

Hi.  I normally use pinegpg (i.e. normal pine with the shell scripted
interface to gpg) for PGP emails.

What I want to do is choose what public key I encrypt to, even though it
is going to an email address with a public for it already associated with
it. The key I want to encode to has no address at all on it.

Obviously I could do this on the command line, but that is much less clean
to use.  Currently with pine i just tap the arrow keys couple of times,
select sign+encrypt and it encodes the email to the key for that email
address.

I was thinking possible solutions to this would be:

1.  Switch to Mutt.  I don't know the program though so I don't know if
what I want is easily possible.

2.  Write/modify the pinegpg shell script so that a "read newid" is there
in another wrapper to gpg and $newid becomes the key to encode to.
Looking at the pinegpg shell script this looks plausible.

3.  Just do it manually.  That is kind of against my principles though...

Any ideas?

--
W. Palfreman. 		http://www.palfreman.com/william/
Tel: 0771 355 0354	PGP ftp://ftp.palfreman.com/pub/wfpkey.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk