[Gllug] 2.4.15

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Nov 23 11:26:37 UTC 2001

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:50:14AM -0000, robin.c.smith at bt.com wrote:
> I want to upgrade my Debian potato from 2.2.18 to 2.4.15.
> Where is the documentation that describes all the steps I should take?

The easiest option is to upgrade to unstable (which is fine atm) which
will upgrade your binutils and modutils and various other
bits. Install devfsd, if it's not already there, and download and
compile the kernel. I'm running it now, and it seems perfectly stable,
esp. now that I don't try and flick in and out of X too quickly (which
sometimes causes the machine to lock solid --- I strongly suspect the
official NVidea driver that I'm using....)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous?"
    -- Hobbes

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk