[Gllug] slightly OT: laptop advice

Axel Segebrecht axel.segebrecht at adamandeve.it
Mon Nov 19 19:54:00 UTC 2001

> Has anybody had long-term usage of them? any good? Any advice on PC
> laptops? I have a thing for x86, but I really hate the laptops
> currently  out there... anybody feel the same/differently?

Hi Steve,

YES I definitly share your affection for the new iBook and am thinking
of treating myself to one for XMas :-)

There are hardly any nice laptops out there but the G4 and iBooks
I found. Although the G4 PB is a bit chunky and may take some time
getting used to, it is (if I can affort one) my dream choice.

It's got a *massive* screen (dump your TV), stunning looks, all the
features of the iBook plus gigabit, airport and a hell of a lot of
CPU/RAM as standard.

The OSX is quite nice (from what I've seen) and is (IMHO) the best
x-breed of *IX and a usable GUI. Friends have used it for a while now
and since the first bug fixes it runs quite stable :)

Cheers, Axel
http://smatrix.de/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk